Tuesday, April 12, 2005

"the people" vs. UST

"Why is the revalida given? To know if UST produced a safe, competent and ethical doctor." - Dr. Belmonte
This morning while i was in the shower, i received a text message from our group leader, marge: "All clerks in ust. Meet now at CME audi. All clerks in ust excused. About graduation."

When I arrived, I realized that they were talking about the court hearing the other day. A group of clerks who failed had filed a case against UST about the validity of the oral revalida. Dr. Belmonte, the consultant in charge of clerkship affairs, told us that there was a chance that they just might win. Meaning: 1. All of our revalidas will be nullified therefore, everyone has to repeat the exam. 2. Graduation will not happen this April 15, 2005. 3. They just made history.

The revalida has been in UST for as long as I can remember. It's a tradition. Only the pope can remove our revalida. I can't imagine how they will win against this.

I feel sympathetic to their cause. I was lucky. I was one of the "mercy-tisimus". I owe a lot to my tribe. The revalida is 90% tribe dependent talaga. I just hope everything goes fine for everyone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

reading your blog put a real smile to my face. thanks so much. :) it makes my heart swell to know that they are people like you who are broad-minded despite what other people who are biased and/or not in the know are saying. good luck to you in internship and congrats. :)

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the interest of preserving the environment, I would also suggest getting an Energy Star kind. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry uk[/url] In the 20's the wide-brimmed fad calmed down. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose chilliwack[/url] Ysxquwlpu
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora charm[/url] Rmnwnhawk [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose online[/url] wrayuappv

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home