Sunday, October 23, 2005

nightmare nurses

here's some of my encounters with some biatch nurses. don't get me wrong but i don't have anything against nurses in general.

encounter #1 (at fabella, OB rotation)
me: "Ma'am, pa paracetamol po sa bed 5. 40C na temp nya."
dumb and lazy nurse: "wala pong order sa chart, doktora" (emphasizing the doktora like i wasn't really one)
me: "Sinabi ko na po sa resident sabi nya pabigyan ko daw sa nurse. e di naman pa po kami pwede magsulat sa chart. di nyo ba pwede bigyan na ngayon? baka po magseizure sya sa taas ng lagnat nya."
dumb and lazy nurse: "hindi. walang order sa chart."

grrr.... stupid stupid stupid. there should be malpractice laws for nurses.


encounter #2
me: "Ma'am, andyan po ba ang chart ni 5061 C?"
blank affect nurse: ...(stares blankly at me)
me: "ehem.. Ma'am, chart po ni 5061 C?" (slightly louder this time)
blank affect nurse: ...(blinks and still stares at me)
me: "Ma'am, naririnig mo ba ako?"
blank affect nurse: "oo, doktora! nageendorse pa kami kaya ayoko ibigay yung chart sayo!"

bwisit bwisit bwisit! why didn't she tell me in the first place!


encounter #3
makulit nurse: "doktora, pa-extract naman kay bed 3."
me: "ha? yung 1 month old?? ang hirap naman extrakan nun eh. wala bang pedia resident? kawawa naman yung bata."
makulit nurse: "wala po, doktora eh. kayo na po, sige na. magaling naman kayo diba?" (nambola pa!)
me: *blushing* "nyek. o sya, asan na ba sya? subukan ko muna kung kaya ko. (nabola naman!)
makulit nurse: "salamat, dok!" hands me 2 tubes, one lavender and one red.
me: after almost an hour of extracting blood, sweat all over and bruises from the patients' kicks...
"o eto na po, ma'am, yung blood. hirap nun ha. naka 3 tusok ako sa kanya. wala ng magandang ugat."
makulit nurse: "ay, ganun ba doktora. ehehe, kasi may papahabol pa sana na isang blood exam."

HHwwhat?! i practically wanted to stab her with the used syringe.


encounter #4
fat ass nurse on the paging system at the on-call room: "doktora, nurse station po."
me: (wakes up in the middle of the night) "papunta na po."
(i enter the ward...)
me: "bakit po, ma'am?"
fat ass nurse: "doktora, paki bigay naman po itong paracetamol tablet sa pasyente."

pucha! amo?


luckily, there's no 5th encounter. maybe in the future =p

1 Comments:

Blogger KaSuY said...

hahaa.. luv your funny nurse stories.. the fact that there are crazy nurses is kinda scary tho ;-D

jen already found me on friendster.. but i had no idea she had a kid.. aaagh!!

carol found me too.. i still remember her scabby legs..

ugh.. we're turning 25..

merry christmas to you and your family! blow something up for me for new years plz..

miss you too.. the thing about growing up is that you realize how much you've grown apart from the things/ppl that matter.. hmm

hope to be back there soon!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home